Wednesday, April 30, 2008

yesterday--a day of R&R!

I spent most of yesterday with an old friend and an old friend of hers, who is now a new friend of mine! Noel and Christina (from Germany) came to town for a few hours, to visit my studio and to "do" the thrift stores. We found lots of treasures--everything from a heavy wood bread box so Noel can keep one of her VERY STRONG kitties out of the cat/dog treats, to a wooden stool that swivels for my studio. Christina found several things to take back to Germany with her, too! This is the best way I can think of to counter our overly consumer culture--if you gotta buy stuff, buy other's cast-offs!!

I'll be back at work on the current design search later today. I'm also about to begin a special activity for the month of May...will post more about that tomorrow and on days to come.

AND, the Arrowmont class I'll be teaching in the fall (Sept. 28-Oct. 4) is finally on their website--at this link--just a preview of fall class listings so far but at least I can direct inquiries there until the full posting is up.

OK...off to get the day underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment