Monday, April 28, 2008
A suggestion from Kathy...to crop at the top and right. I did that this afternoon and also changed the background, simplifying it by washing over the stems and leaf shapes in the background so they became more suggested than specific. I photographed the painting then manipulated in Photoshop with several filters...only three are shown here. The design has undergone several changes in the past few days...from the postings I made on April 23 and April 25 to what's here now.
I didn't have time to work with the other two compositions that are underway while I was at the studio today...will be Wednesday when I get back to them. I'm hoping to finalize the compositional studies soon (like this week!) so I can begin warping the loom.
My next decisions will be about warp sett and final size for the tapestry. I'd like to use the larger loom again but I also would like to have this piece finished before late summer.
Posted by Tommye McClure Scanlin at 10:43 PM