I wove the last of the fiddleheads today. Sixteen of those pesky spirals! The cartoon had seventeen but I decided a few inches back to eliminate one on the left side. I thought it was too much the same height as another one near the left (the one I just finished) and I also wanted a bit of space in which to weave my initials I use as signature. The cartoon still shows the fiddlehead peeking up... but I've been ignoring it for days.
The fiddlehead I completed today is on the same side as the first one I wove back in November and showed in this post from Nov. 16. Here's what that side looks like now with the last one and the first one -- and a couple of buddies:
|Those white stitches near the top are holding the cartoon in place... they're not part of the tapestry.|