Sunday, September 14, 2008

Southeastern Fiber Educators Association Fall meeting

I just returned from a whirlwind trip to spend a evening and a day at the fall meeting of the Southeastern Fiber Educators Association. This year the get-together was held at a retreat called Wildacres, near Little Switzerland, NC.



The slide show gives just an inkling of the wonderful sharing and networking that takes place with this group. I became associated with SEFEA in 2005 when I participated in a meeting for the first time. Since then, I've missed only one chance to get together and spend a couple of days with this high energy, very creative group. I learn so much every time I have the opportunity to go...and this year was NO exception!

Exciting art works are being done by everyone here. Each person involved teaches fibers in some capacity and most are currently engaged in university or college level teaching. The group has exhibited together in the past and plans are underway for a 2009 exhibit. Many of the group have also worked with Bethanne Knutson, one of the members, who has the Jacquard Center in Hendersonville, NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment