Friday, April 6, 2012

Handout revisions underway...

I'm making new samples in strongly contrasting colors and photographing them to replace some of the photos in my teaching handout. I'd originally had the handouts printed in color but because I sprinkle the photos throughout the pages, the copying cost was greater. By having the handouts printed in black and white I can keep the cost to about $2.50 for a 20+ page booklet. The handouts, as well as warp and assorted weft yarns are part of my small materials fee students are asked to pay in my workshops. Those costs range from $5 to $15, depending on the length of the workshop (hence, the amount of yarns used).
This is a tedious process but fun in a way. I really like to do these and have many of these now (a few of them shown in an earlier post). Simply using two colors and changing positions of those gives almost endless possibilities to explore the interaction of positive and negative. Or the effects of Notan. More about Notan later.
Now, back to the loom and the camera.  Oh, and, yes, I'm weaving with the camera in place where it is... a little hard to reach around it but is working out OK for the time being.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment