Somehow it seemed a bit appropriate for much of today's studio time. I'd ordered two more harness sets for the six harness Macomber loom I recently bought from Pat Williams. I placed my order through Sarah Haskell http://macomberloomsandme.blogspot.com/, who's a dealer for Macomber, about ten days ago. They were sitting in a box by my front door today when I walked home to check the mail. So even though I knew it would be challenging to install the sets by myself, I decided to give it a try.
Yes, I also know that I got hurt in a MAJOR way last year when working with a floor loom by myself. One lesson learned with that awful accident was to be more aware of what the equipment was doing as well as what I was doing. I managed to get the installation done today with only a few scratches and dings on my fingers and hands. Of course, I'm going to feel the pain later from sitting in yoga-like positions under and around the bottom of the loom for much of the afternoon!
Here's the loom now--with eight harnesses and ready for a warp in the near future!
But... back to the tapestry now. Here's where I stopped with it earlier this morning:
This tapestry is based on one of the several sketches I did of fiddleheads a couple of springs ago. I'd worked on them with positive/negative effects, trying to make a balance of dark and light that was interesting in the composition.