Wednesday, August 24, 2011

And yet more from Hambidge

I had to go to Asheville, NC for a couple of meetings with committees of Southern Highland Craft Guild on Monday and stayed overnight to be at another meeting on Tuesday.  So I missed a couple of days work at Hambidge... but jumped back into it today.

I called three more pieces "done" and began work on three new smaller ones.  I also continued process on five more that have been underway. Here are photos of what's happening:







As I stop working on pieces I move them to another part of the room... pinning or nailing them up whereever I can. I've had to start coming down the stairs on the railing... and I've only been here a week!  I guess I'll have to put them up on top of one another if I keep up at this pace... 16 pieces are either done or underway now and so far 24" x 36" is the smallest dimension.

These are in beginning stages or almost to the point of being taken down:







I did a couple of underpaintings on two of the 18" x 24" canvases today:








I'm really struggling with this one:







This one, too:







And, believe it or not... am pretty happy with this one.






This is a 36" wide x 60+" long one that's had the beginning steps... more work on this one tomorrow.






I also sat outside with watercolors and a clay board I got at True Blue Art Supply in Asheville yesterday... It's the only piece I've done so far that was from observation.

Tomorrow I'm going to do some things that will involve my drawing from observation... at least that's what I'm thinking right now!  That should slow me down since it takes so much concentration to see what I'm seeing--and then to find a way to represent it.  But whatever tomorrow holds will be with tomorrow.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. This place looks really huge, Tommye. What a treat, to be able to spread out and just paint for a bit! Love what you are doing, and I see several potential tapestries there already.

    ReplyDelete