Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Almost a month into this one now--got to step up the pace!

Started this piece...
and continued...
wove consistently for several days...
moving across and up a bit...
while other things began to distract...

THEN I took a break for a week for the wonderful bookbinding workshop at Shakerag.

Wove a bit Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and spent some time today getting my entry for the CHG exhibit together--found I had slides of the pieces I didn't remember I'd had done from digitals last year. So rather than spending half a day or more to get my digital files to CD and mailed I went with the old fashion approach of sending slides!

The Anderson Arts Center entry information, bio and statement are due before the 1st--will spend tomorrow on that. I hope to back into a rhythm of several hours of daily weaving for the upcoming few weeks before my next journeys out of town. Here's progress at this point--



My studio days usually begin around 11 once I've taken care of tasks at home. Then I work on assorted things here like these entry details followed by a trip to the post office, if necessary. Back to have lunch and then I begin to weave for most of the afternoon--usually stopping around 5:30 or so. Four hours of weaving daily is good for my hands at this point... can push for more but will feel the consequences a bit the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know the feeling! I have been looking at my loom longingly lately... so many things have kept me away from the barely begun piece on it in the past few months. I really want to go in and shut the door on the rest of life, and just weave again!
    But more company came today...

    ReplyDelete